[Discuss] The institutionalization of OSHW

Michael James michael at opensourcehardwarejunkies.com
Sat Sep 29 03:51:20 UTC 2012

I am a bit confused when people say Open Source Hardware Company.

Any company can sell OSHW.  The OSHW designation applies to devices not
business entities.

Radio Shack carries Open Source Hardware - good for them I say and for OSHW.

If a company wants to sell open and close source - power to them.  If their
customer base feels alienated they can (and will) vote with their wallets.

-Michael