[Discuss] OSHWA Interest Group in Barcelona, Spain

Wouter Tebbens wouter at freeknowledge.eu
Mon Jan 4 14:56:19 UTC 2016

first, let me all wish you a good new year with reasonable abundance in
all that matters to you.

And this is for Idafe's question about Barcelona. It is the place where
I'm based and lots of things are going on here. I could only tell you so
much, but let's point you to a few things that maybe of interest for you
and others interested in the topic.

We have the FabLab BCN (http://fablabbcn.org/) and the municipal network
of neighbourhood fablabs "ateneus de fabricació".
http://ateneusdefabricacio.barcelona.cat/

Hangar is a hacker-artist space https://hangar.org/

Things Network, the IoT datanetwork open & free for everyone based on
LoRaWAN. Together with a growing group of hackers & makers we're setting
up our local version in Barcelona.
https://llistes.guifi.net/sympa/info/thingsnetworkbarcelona

Citylab Cornellà: http://citilab.eu/

Barcelona RepRap 3D printing blog, https://reprapbcn.wordpress.com
RepRap BCN printers by the UPC (tech university)'s foundation CIM:
https://www.bcn3dtechnologies.com/

FabLab BCN has developed the Smart Citizen Kit:
https://smartcitizen.me/kits/

IoT Meetup BCN: http://www.meetup.com/iotbarcelona/

FabCafe Barcelona, http://fabcafe.com/barcelona/
Makers Of Barcelona, coworking: http://www.mob-barcelona.com/

Well, this is a quick start. Let me know when you are around here and we
can meetup at one of the events, go to the next IoT meetup or so.

BTW, how's your Spanish and/or Catalan?

cheers,

Wouter
http://freeknowledge.eu