[Discuss] New Blog Post Up!

Jeffrey Warren jeff at publiclab.org
Thu May 22 17:56:11 UTC 2014

>  the hardware itself can only be covered by patents

I think i have to disagree -- i think many people think a bit too narrowly
about what "hardware" is -- lots of things aren't patentable, or the
patents have expired, and we may still be interested in a share-alike
provision (where possible) and/or in the collaborative, open source
development model. We can't ignore patents where they are applicable, but
hardware is not exactly the same thing as patentability.