[Discuss] New Blog Post Up!

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 17:50:13 UTC 2014

That's a good suggestion. The effort put into drafting a new license would
be better spent on discussing the existing licenses and agreeing on where
specifically they fall short. Most likely, pushing for a new version of
existing licenses would be better than creating a new one.

That being said, for what it's worth (I'm self-educated in IP) I don't have
much hope of open source hardware licenses ever being particularly
relevant.

Digital files are already well served by FLOSS/CC licenses and the hardware
itself can only be covered by patents. I think we just have to live with
the difference.