[Discuss] Is CC BY-NC-SA not Open Source Hardware?

Emilio Velis contacto at emiliovelis.com
Fri Apr 11 13:57:39 UTC 2014

But that leaves us with a very ambiguous use of the term 'open'. If you
check the CC faq, they recommend to use approved licenses only for software:

http://opensource.org/licenses

In the case of OSHW, due to being different than intangible goods, a list
of requirements has to be developed for people to make sure their work is
not open in tue definition sense of the term (i.e. source code available)
but also regarding all layers of content and freedoms of use. A metadesign
of licensing so that others can build upon and create options for tinkerers
to use.