[Discuss] Is CC BY-NC-SA not Open Source Hardware?

Michael Weinberg mweinberg at publicknowledge.org
Fri Apr 11 14:05:40 UTC 2014

probably also worth mentioning here that, as a general matter, a copyright
on plans for a useful object (like, say, a 3D printer) doesn't mean that
making said object is copyright infringement.  Details of Printrbot
specifically may vary, but it may be a useful thing to keep in mind.

--
Michael Weinberg, Vice President, PK Thinks
202-861-0020 (o) | @mweinbergPK

Public Knowledge | @publicknowledge | www.publicknowledge.org
1818 N St. NW, Suite 410 | Washington, DC 20036

Promoting a Creative & Connected Future.