[Discuss] Open Hardware Summit 2017?

jet jet at functionalprototype.com
Sat Jan 7 02:07:27 UTC 2017

> On Jan 6, 2017, at 15:10, alicia <amgibb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Drew!
> It's not an answer, but an explanation of what's taking so long. We're trying to figure out the next 3 years of locations and wether we can pull off an international location. Hopefully we'll have some answers in the next few weeks.

I was thinking about this for another group I work with — could we learn anything from a non-binding, not-anonymous opinion poll?  Personally, I’d love an excuse to visit Tokyo or London, but maybe there are some cheaper/smaller cities to get to for a majority of our members.  I can’t speak for other countries, but in the US there are a lot of centrally-located towns and cities where events are cheaper to produce (shameless plug for my new home city of Pittsburgh, PA).  I’m thinking of places like St. Louis, Asheville, Savannah, Cleveland, or Lafayette.

--
J. Eric Townsend, IDSA
designer | engineer | fabricator
jet at functionalprototype.com