[Discuss] Collaborative CAD

Cláudio Sampaio patola at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 05:39:28 UTC 2016

That is AMAZING. And very useful. I have just been fighting for a whole
week with a customer design which I had to convert to STEP via onshape and
then tried to edit in FreeCAD, which was one of the most frustrating
experiences I had because it is not well designed for editting, due to the
paradigm of modification history.

Thank you very much for this.

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 12:14 AM, Marcin Jakubowski <
marcin at opensourceecology.org> wrote:

> Friends,
>
> If you are interested in collaborative CAD development, we are building an
> open source CAD file for our open source CEB Press. The goal is to generate
> a fully-editable FreeCAD file tomorrow. We are building it from a STEP/DXF
> file generated in proprietary CAD software - which is not editable in
> FreeCAD. Our goal is to demonstrate a workflow where complex CAD drawings
> can be generated in days with a design sprint swarm - instead of weeks by a
> dedicated draftsperson. See more info and join us at 1 PM CST USA tomorrow,
> Sep 3, 2016 for a Design Sprint on this.
>
> http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/OSE_Design_Sprint
>
> From there, we will generate exploded part animations and 2D fabrication
> drawings all in FreeCAD.
>
> As an aside, we linked up with http://wikifab.org today - a very
> promising template based semantic Mediawiki for open hardware
> documentation, check it out
> <https://www.facebook.com/OpenSourceEcology/posts/10155215040256562>.
>
> Marcin
>
> --
> *Full Disclosure Agreement:* OSE works openly. All conversations in this
> email are intended to be transparent and subject to sharing, with due
> respect. OSE does not sign NDAs in order to promote collaboration. All of
> our work is libre or open source. If you are discussing potential
> development collaboration, your work must also be open source pursuant to
> the Open Source Hardware Association definition
> <http://www.oshwa.org/definition/>.
>
> See Global Village Construction Set TED Talk
> <http://www.ted.com/talks/marcin_jakubowski>. Sign up for our Design
> Sprints <http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/OSE_Design_Sprint>. Subscribe
> as a True Fan <http://opensourceecology.org/community/#truefans>. See Tsu
> <https://www.tsu.co/OpenSourceEcology> or Facebook