[Discuss] [Open Manufacturing] Lady Ada interviews Autodesk after EAGLE purchase

j. eric townsend jet at functionalprototype.com
Wed Jul 6 14:32:00 UTC 2016

> On Jul 6, 2016, at 08:38, Tom Igoe <tom.igoe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Haven’t seen a circuit CAD program yet that *didn’t* have UI issues. It’s not been a priority for circuit CAD software, I guess. Maybe it's a good opportunity for UI/UX designers who want to get involved in OSS.

You're writing checks?  Thanks!

Seriously, tho…

I’m working on a new front end for laser cutters (eventually x/y tables) in C++/Qt5, however I still need to pay mortgage and utilities, so priority goes to paying jobs.   If I can swing an academic job I can probably make it part of work, but my recent gigs have been the antithesis of OSS.

--
J. Eric Townsend, IDSA
designer | engineer | fabricator
jet at functionalprototype.com