[Discuss] curious statement on github about oshwa certiification

Antoine C. smallwindturbineproj.contactor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 21:36:25 UTC 2016

It seems not really clear to get information about the way the author
choose to get what he/she declared to happen: "This project is open
source in the sense that I legally permit people to do whatever they
want with the source code, design drawings, etc": indeed, licence
information seems not available, don't it ?
It sounds a bit like a WTFYW "posture": no information on legal basis,
means people will use it at they own risk, and then they will not be
able to play against the author.
It seems the OSHWA "certification" process has been played well in this
case: the author seemed to prefer to declare to not play certification,
instead of declaring playing it but without respecting it. Maybe there
was too much to lose to play certification compared to the gain: too
much efforts to reach the requirements, or impossibility to reach the
requirements because the basis on which this "creation" is delivered,
are not valid, or difficult to be valid.
Who knows ...