[Discuss] EOMA68 Libre Hardware Standard and Libre Software project, currently crowd-funding (deadline expires 26th aug 2016)

Windell H. Oskay windell at oskay.net
Mon Aug 22 19:14:04 UTC 2016

> YOU refers to people who drew up the OSHWA standard?

There is no such thing as the "OSHWA Standard" and the term "OSHWA document" is also very ambiguous.

Can everyone involved in this discussion please be extremely specific when you refer to a given group, standard, or definition, so that there is some degree of clarity involved? I'm not necessarily saying one shouldn't compare the "OSHWA standard" to manslaughter, but please, do use the correct and precise terminology so that you're referring to a document that does actually exist.

Also, with absolutely no judgement whatsoever as to the merits of any given argument, it seems that rehashing "libre" versus "open source" may well be off-topic to this mailing list. No amount of thoughtful, considered discussion (nor trash talk!) that one might provide here can settle this once and for all. It has been the topic of a great many heated discussions, going back far longer than this mailing list has been around. We will not settle it here.

Windell H. Oskay, Ph.D.
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist
Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
175 San Lazaro Ave, STE 150