[Discuss] is intel edison open-source hardware?

Michael McCormack mike at themccormacks.com
Mon Mar 9 14:44:14 UTC 2015

A better question than is any particular design open source hardware is
perhaps which self righteous idiot get to be the sole arbitrator of who can
call something open source hardware?  Unless you register a trademark,
English is still a free system despite anyone's small minded opinion to the
contrary.

Altium and Orcad files can't be the release format of open?   I'd say PDF
are more open than Eagle files.  At least Altium and Orcad are honest about
requiring a license rather than the drug dealer marketing of making your
first use free.

Big companies can't provide open, every subcomponent must be open, I could
go on but what a total litany of crap.