[Discuss] Careers in OS Hardware Communities

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:34:34 UTC 2015

Hi Emily,

Having a hub for jobs or volunteer/internship opportunities sounds like a
great idea! I was also thinking that since most OSHW communities tend to
work in a distributed fashion, remote work opportunities should be
feasible. As long as you have a fablab or hackspace in your town, you
should be able to work remotely. I was thinking something along the lines
of http://authenticjobs.com or https://weworkremotely.com/, but then
focussed on OSHW opportunities.

Or is it possible that there are not enough OSHW jobs out there at the
moment to make this feasible?

Cheers,
Gerrit