[Discuss] A website to post and work on open design ideas

J. Simmons jrs at mach30.org
Sat Jul 5 18:40:41 UTC 2014

Something like this might make for an interesting feature on Open Design
Engine (ODE - https://opendesignengine.net/).  Since ODE is a custom
implementation of Redmine, one could probably develop the feature as a
plugin independent of the main line development of ODE.  I would be willing
to chat more about this (Mach 30 setup ODE as a service for the larger OSHW
community and I am one of the key project members working on ODE at Mach
30), but I don't have the resources at Mach 30 to lead the implementation.

You know, this idea also reminds me of some of the crowd sourced idea sites
like Quirky (http://www.quirky.com/).  Except, I don't think I know any of
them personally that focus on OSHW licensed projects.

 -J

--
J. Simmons, President
Mach 30: Foundation for Space Development

*~ ad astra per civitatem ~*to the stars through community