[Discuss] Github/hardware (Was Re: discuss Digest, Vol 10, Issue 99)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 22:53:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Cameron Adamez
<cameron at suspectdevices.com> wrote:
> I've had issues pulling change requests for my projects. As there's no way for me to cherry-pick
> changes and since I haven't started writing a diff program for Eagle files, I've had my board
> accidentally clobbered or mangled via pull requests. I found the correct settings for
> binary files for Eagle 5, but pull requests were still arduous after that.

Have you considered not using a binary file format? What about
something that is composed from multiple files that get combined? For
instance, I think even simple netlists could handle that. Another
thought that comes to mind is that automated testing could help your
contributors not commit terrible things that break everything.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507