[Discuss] Github/hardware (Was Re: discuss Digest, Vol 10, Issue 99)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 22:50:46 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Donald Delmar Davis
<don at suspectdevices.com> wrote:
> We use git for our hardware projects.
> While it might be nice to do visual diffs that is more a function of the cad program.

Actually, it is generating visual diffs is an easy task. I think it
would be neat to use iamwil's differ to just upload images to a
gh-pages branch, maybe throw on some javascript to view the different
revisions, and start from there.

Of course, something that natively supports visual diffs would be
better. Thingiverse had some potential here when it started out, but
they never bothered to do git integration (probably because of how
busy on other priorities they were).

But yeah, I often just throw everything into git anyway.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507