[Discuss] open hardware documentation survey

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 00:01:40 UTC 2013

Hey guys,

I'm really looking forward to attending the documentation jam. In my humble
opinion documentation is exactly the discussion that the community needs to
be having right now.

In fact, I was already working towards that (great minds think alike). This
is the website I just launched (beta) to attempt to move towards fulfilling
the idea of a "Github for hardware."

www.wareium.com

To summarize, the way I see it we need a schema for tying together
different files and information that define projects. That will probably
get complicated so we'll also need a software engine to put a GUI between
the user and the schema.

By way of a requirements analysis for those the schema, the engine, and
wareium, I've put together a survey to be sent out to the whole community.
It doesn't have a name yet. I'm leaning towards The Open Hardware Toolbox
Survey, or something along those lines.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nwxZryqUvI4OHU-Zd-vUrbJLqFtRJmxa-SnH1sNkrSM/viewform

I would like to get your input on the draft version of the survey itself as
well as any ideas regarding a good, clear name for the survey. The results
will be particularly useful with the document jam coming up soon.

Thanks for your time and attention,
Matthew Maier