[Discuss] [Open Manufacturing] Problems with Open Source Ecology. A Perspective

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 20:40:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Cameron Adamez <cameron at suspectdevices.com
> wrote:

> I'd like to go at least one week without someone on the Internet getting
> bent out of shape over the idea of a diverse set of people solving
> interesting problems.

You can't handwave when you are talking about diversity- you can't just
assume that I was talking about "diverse set of people solving problems"
(in fact, my message was proving that a specific diverse set of people
DIDN'T solve a problem, not that it was impossible for one to do so- just
very unlikely based on historical trends in this community). If you re-read
the message you were replying to, I never said (or implied) that
non-homogeneous groups are a bad thing. There are at least two
possibilities here. One is that I am a horrible person that hates
diversity. The other is that you misread what I wrote and that maybe I was
saying something completely different from whatever you've understood. Give
me the benefit of your doubt, and I promise that my previous messages are
actually thoughtful and useful.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507