[Discuss] Suggestions for the OSHWA website and FAQ?

Nathan Seidle nathan at sparkfun.com
Wed Sep 26 17:12:50 UTC 2012

I second everything that's been said.

I like Catarina's idea - lead by example. Have a list of 4 or 5
examples of decent open source hardware projects that fits the basics
and best practices.

Adafruit has tons of good examples. Perhaps TV-B-Gone could be a good
one to mention: http://www.ladyada.net/make/tvbgone/

I hate to promote SparkFun but OpenLog is a reasonable example:
https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog/wiki
Documentation, firmware, design files, licenses

ColorHug looks neat: http://www.hughski.com/

I really want to not focus on electronics and PCBs so it would be
ideal to get non-electronic based OSHW on there - I just don't know of
any at the moment. Local Motors could be good but it's might be an
example that feels too big to be approachable. Biology? Fashion?
Mechanical?

--
Nathan Seidle
CEO, SparkFun Electronics Inc