[Discuss] Greetings! And membership

Pierce Nichols pierce at logos-electro.com
Tue Jul 3 16:31:25 UTC 2012

I'm also cool with $100 for regular membership. I don't think that a
professor's recommendation in lieu of fees for students is a good
idea, because it imposes a paperwork burden for no obvious (at least
to me) gain. Generally, when I joined orgs as a student, I sent them
my check and a copy of my student ID and that was that. The only
exception was the AYRS, who asked for a letter from my department
confirming I was a student.

-p

--
Pierce Nichols