[Discuss] Open-source Hardware Summit Speaker submissions due tomorrow, 30 May. (It's at MIT this year!)

Nancy Ouyang nancy.ouyang at gmail.com
Tue May 29 22:43:27 UTC 2018

Hello folks!
The Open Source Hardware Summit is at MIT this year! It'll be at the end of
September.

The speaker submissions are due at *midnight PST tomorrow (30 May 2018).*
http://2018.oshwa.org/participate/

Not sure why I haven't seen this float around the mailing list eco-sphere
yet, but there's a pretty sweet lineup of speakers + some cool sponsors.
http://2018.oshwa.org/speakers/

For a quickstart about what OSHWA defines as open-source hardware, see:

   - https://www.oshwa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Open-
   Source-Hardware-Checklist-1.pdf
   <https://www.oshwa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Open-Source-Hardware-Checklist-1.pdf>
   - https://www.oshwa.org/sharing-best-practices/

I've been twice, it's always been really exciting and cool and inspiring.
You can find previous talks here: https://vimeo.com/user14106369

Summit will be on W20-2nd floor. I'm not sure how much tickets cost for MIT
students, seems like there might be a discount.

Sincerely,
--Nancy

=== From the website ===

*Submissions are due by 30 May 2018 at 11:59pm PST.*
*All presentations will take place September 27 2018 between 9am and 5pm at
MIT in Cambridge, MA, USA*

Expected duration for talks is between 10 and 20 minutes, depending on the
number and quality of submissions.
All talks to be plenary (i.e. presented to the entire summit audience).

Talk submissions primarily containing marketing for a product, non-profit,
or company, will not be accepted. However, talks that share knowledge and
insight derived from work on commercial products or organizations are
welcome.

===