[Discuss] Suggestions for library-related EAGLE development?

David A. Mellis dmellis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:55:59 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We just released some big library-related updates in Autodesk EAGLE and are
looking for feedback and suggestions on next steps.

Specifically, we launched a new content site, https://library.io which
includes a tool for the parametric generation of 2D and 3D packages. EAGLE
8.7 includes this tool, plus advanced search filters for finding packages
based on parameters like pitch and number of pins. We also added the
ability to create symbol pins by pasting in their names and other
information. For details, see: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5
/eagle-forum/eagle-8-7-parametric-2d-amp-3d-model-generation
-library-io-more/td-p/7836642

We'd love to get your feedback on the next steps for library-related
development in EAGLE. We put together a short survey to gather your input:

https://goo.gl/forms/dHCHRsH64lTFVWuT2

If you have opinions on the future of libraries in EAGLE, please fill out
the survey. Or, if you'd prefer, feel free to email me your thoughts
directly. We want to build a tool that you all find useful and usable!

Best,
David