[Discuss] CAD software: where does OSHWA stand?

phillip torrone pt at adafruit.com
Sun Mar 19 13:35:37 UTC 2017

ideally oshwa(?) could work up an ideal list of things CAD makers could do to support open-source hardware makers, this way we'd collectively have a voice when asked "what can EAGLE/AUTODESK/ALTIUM, etc" do to support oshw makers.

either way, send anything my way, i'll ask on tuesday to altium.

https://blog.adafruit.com/2017/03/15/interview-with-altium-32117-430pm-et-altium-adafruit-adafruit/

right now the most prolific makers in oshw generally seem to use:
	EAGLE
	KiCad
	Altium
	Frtizing?
	online tools?

the biggest that we seem to hear is forced cloud storage and "software as a service" is not desirable.

cheers,
pt