[Discuss] Open source files and code (and license) for Arduino, products missing?

Emilio Velis contacto at emiliovelis.com
Tue Jul 11 22:26:31 UTC 2017

Given the importance of the Arduino for open hardware, which we must admit,
we should take a stance. Having said this, it's good to note that not
necessarily coming from OSHWA since it's a non-profit, but on behalf of the
community of whether we should think of what we recommend for electronics
prototying. In the specific case of El Salvador, a lot of educators use
Arduino or some sort of clone in order to impart their classes, and we have
seen it for middle school as well as for high school and university level.

I know that something like this is a big uncomfortable, to think of who
should we promote or endorse as a community, but given its importance, we
should do it.