[Discuss] Yearly 'state of Open Source Hardware' report?

Christian Villum villum at autofunk.dk
Tue Jul 11 14:29:23 UTC 2017

Really like the idea of a yearly 'State of open hardware' publication; it
would be highly valuable in monitoring the space (would probably save all
of us a great deal of time keeping track of everything that goes on).

However, as someone who has previously headed the compilation of Open
Knowledge's annual Open Data Index, I also realize how much time and
resource is needed to manage such a grand task. Having an organisation (of
some sort) host the initiative would be necessary, I think (at least in an
ideal scenario) - or maybe at least we should find some funds to cover the
time for the person(s) taking on the task. Awesome Foundation or something
along those lines.

Regards,

Christian Villum