[Discuss] Open Hardware Summit 2017

Caleb Cover caleb at oshwa.org
Wed Apr 5 18:15:04 UTC 2017

The Open Source Hardware Association <https://www.oshwa.org/> is excited to
announce the 2017 Open Hardware Summit <http://2017.oshwa.org/> taking
place October 5th, 2017 in Denver, Colorado. This is the annual gathering
of the OSHWA organization and open hardware community. Through the Open
Hardware Summit, we aim to create an inclusive welcoming environment to
empower people in all stages of discovering open source technology.

The Open Hardware Summit is where anyone and everyone can participate and
collaborate in the open source community!
*GET YOUR TICKETS HERE <https://2017.oshwa.org/tickets/>!*

Don’t forget to check your email for your 10% discount if you have a general
membership or above <https://www.oshwa.org/membership/> at OSHWA!

*Considering Sponsoring this year?*

At this time we are opening the call for companies or individuals
interested in sponsoring this year’s summit. More information can be found
here <https://2017.oshwa.org/sponsor/>.

For the fifth year running, we are ecstatic to offer up *TEN (10) Open
Hardware Fellowships
<https://docs.google.com/a/oshwa.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScpC7kmdJ1t1RRRR6V3xakhllPbtxgi_aKT4ljE2zNhlO7VVQ/viewform>
members of the community*. This includes travel assistance and entrance to
the 2017 open Hardware Summit! The deadline for applying is today! Be sure
to get those filled out and submitted today!
The Ada Lovelace Fellowship
<https://docs.google.com/a/oshwa.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScpC7kmdJ1t1RRRR6V3xakhllPbtxgi_aKT4ljE2zNhlO7VVQ/viewform>
encourages
women, LGBTA+, and/or other minorities in the open technology movement to
both participate and nurture an incredible, diverse community within open
source.
Looking for other ways to are other options to support and participate in
the movement? You can help by:

   - Sharing information on individual
   <https://www.oshwa.org/memberships/individual-members/> and corporate
   <https://www.oshwa.org/memberships/corporate-members/> memberships with
   friends and colleagues
   - Using our guidelines to certify projects or products
   <http://certificate.oshwa.org/> as a form of standardized open hardware
   - Participating on social media outlets (like Twitter
   <https://twitter.com/oshwassociation> and Facebook
   <https://www.facebook.com/opensourcehardwareassociation/>) to keep the
   conversation going and spread news of the summit
   - Last, but far from least, donating to our 501(c)3
   <https://www.oshwa.org/donate/> (be sure to remember that some
   companies match gift amounts their employees make to a non-profit! This
   doubles the distance that gifts will go!!)

--
Best,

Caleb Cover

Community Manager