[Discuss] Request for Comments: Digital DIY: Legal Challenges & Solutions Practised Report

Brennen Bearnes bbearnes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:36:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 5:47 AM, lkcl . <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It kind of seems like this rhetorical mode might not be doing us
> > any favors.
>
>  why?

For my part, I'm no great fan of copyright, or the conceptual
framework of intellectual property.  Though it's possible I've
just about absorbed as much internet debate on the topic as I can
stomach, I don't object to critiques.

I am, however, pretty doubtful that the onslaught of hyperbolic,
multi-page screeds in this context is doing much to advance any
causes or perspectives I particularly care about, let alone the
ostensible goals of OSHWA or this list.

-- bpb