[Discuss] Request for Comments: Digital DIY: Legal Challenges & Solutions Practised Report

lkcl . luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:10:25 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Antoine C.
<smallwindturbineproj.contactor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luke.
> Thank you for your return.
> I agree with you. What you write is correct.
> But the purpose is not to move from the law to how our heart interprete
> it, but to stay at the law level. And the law in my country is
> ab-so-lu-tly different from "copyright". As in the culture of my friends
> of islands of south pacific.
> Copyright is a legal term. This term does not exist in some country. The
> increase of copyleft, increases also the copyright domination. In my
> country the term is "intellectual property", and it is deeply graved in
> our culture. If you come with a "copyright" term, some people will say
> "encore ces putains d'ricains qui viennent nous faire chier !!!",

 that is fascinating to note that the term "copyright" in your country
is already viewed as being a 20th / 21st century means by which people
may be enslaved, and that they actually recognise that and reject it
so vehemently.  how, then, do you think people in your country would
react to the *even stronger* and *even more* insidious enslavement
phrase, "intellectual property"?

 the only reason that i support copyright (at all) is that it is the
means of enforcement of collaboration by way of the GNU General Public
License. if it wasn't for this ***WISE*** usage of the term
"copyright" i would be doing everything that i can to advocate the
abolisment of information-enslavement, outright, world-wide.

 in effect, for the 21st century, we need completely different laws, now.

l.