[Discuss] Request for Comments: Digital DIY: Legal Challenges & Solutions Practised Report

lkcl . luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:49:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Antoine C.
<smallwindturbineproj.contactor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Wouter.
>
> What a job ! Bravo ! I've started to read.
>
> 1. The pdf format is not really easy to read, because of its low quality
>
> 2. Alert:
> Please, please, please, do not call you 3.1. section "copyright",
> please, oh please, let stop this, please really please Wouter, not for a
> european paper, please please please Wouter.
> Please find an other term like "right of authorship", or "right of
> intellectual property",

NO.  the concept of "intelligence as property" is both fake,
misleading, and utterly arrogant.  how DARE you claim that you can
ENSLAVE ME through OWNERSHIP of the intelligence within MY mind that
is my BIRTHRIGHT.

the phrase is incredibly insidious and it makes me extremely angry to
hear people even use it without thinking what it means, or realising
that they are propagating, endorsing and advocating a form of slavery.

if you would prefer a more neutral explanation (not even dr stallman
recognises that it is a form of enslavement), i recommend searching
for dr stallman's words on the matter:
https://www.google.com/search?q=stallman+intellectual+property

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/boldrin-levine.en.html
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.en.html

his main argument is that it is insidious and a deliberate choice to
get people to think of intelligence as property, because once it is
considered in people's minds to be property, the usual arguments which
apply to *REAL* property may then be applied... in the same way that
"freedom fighters" are viewed as being "terrorists" depending on which
side of the fence you happen to be.

so no.  please STOP using the phrase "intellectual property".  in
doing so you lose all and any ability to fight off the insidious
entrapment and enslavement inherent in the phrase.

l.