[Discuss] wikifab license

Clément Flipo clement.flipo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 16:29:57 UTC 2016

Hi Matt, Hi all,

I am Clément Flipo, co-founder of Wikifab.

You're right, this is unclear. Sorry for that...

Wikifab is in fact made of multiple extensions for Mediawiki (Mediawiki is
released under the GNU General Public License).

We have developed new extensions (those are under MIT license) and other
extensions that are modification of existing ones. Our modifications of
these modified extensions are made under the same license than it was
originally (generally GNU).

The "CC-AA" is a mistake. I will correct it now. In fact the
CC licenses concerns the content hosted on Wikifab (the open hardware
projects). If you want to discuss about the licenses for open hardware
projects, we have created this topic
<http://feedback.wikifab.org/t/under-which-open-license-can-i-publish-my-tutorial-on-wikifab/30>
on our forum.

I'll send another message to this list to explain what we are up to at
Wikifab and talk about more general topics.

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Clément

--
*Clément FLIPO*
Adresse : 129 boulevard Voltaire • 75011 PARIS | Mobile : +33 6 42.49.78.13