[Discuss] your key message about patent and innovation to deliver to a public session at mozfest london

Cláudio Sampaio patola at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:51:35 UTC 2016

I was responding to Tiberius on his statement about capitalism, so it is
not directly a response to your original question. But concerning your
question, I do think it is important for people to know the negative side
of patents, the way they curb innovation (e.g. the 3d printring industry
was stalled by stratasys for twenty years, only exploding when the FDM
patent expired in 2009 and also thanks to the reprap project) and prevent
frictionless innovation. The references I have given can help if they get
some interest in earning money not only without patents but also without
copyright. And finally, I have an advice from Dave Jones from the highly
acclaimed EEV Blog: don't bother to use patents!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7BL1O0xCcY

--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
MakerLinux Labs - Campinas, SP