[Discuss] 2nd Open-Source Hardware Meeting in El Salvador

Drew Fustini drew at oshpark.com
Mon Oct 10 01:03:11 UTC 2016

Thanks for the summary and the link to YouTube.  It is very exciting to
learn of all of this activity in Central America.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jose Carlos Garcia Diaz and Hector Mendez
this weekend in Portland at the Open Hardware Summit.  It was excellent to
learn about the open source hardware community there.

Cheers,
Drew

On Oct 8, 2016 3:25 AM, "Mario Gómez" <mxgxw.alpha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> For the second time in 3 years in El Salvador we are organizing the
Open-Source Hardware Meeting. The event itself is like a micro-OSHW Summit
were we try to congregate all the people working in Open Source Hardware
here in El Salvador and the Central Americas.

https://www.icann.org/profiles/rafael-lito-ibarra

http://www.southmade.org/

> 11:15 - "ChuncheBot" - The experience of the Ministry of Education with
OSHW
> Davíd Calderón / Ministry of Education / http://www.mined.gob.sv
>
> For the afternoon we have two Talk-Workshops:
>
> 2:00pm - OSHW #DocumentationDay Workshop
> Joksan Alvarado / OSHWA Branch El Salvador / http://www.openhardware.sv/
>
> 3:30 - Case design with Sketch-up & 3D printing
> Kako Valladares / FabLab El Salvador / http://fablab.org.sv/
>
> This event is held completely free (as in beer).
>
> We know that is a little bit late to invite you to El Salvador, but we
expect to have a live streaming in our youtube account (in spanish).

> http://youtube.com/user/openhardwaresv
>
> We hope to have all the videos of the teleconferences uploaded later. Any
help with the translations to english will be welcome.