[Discuss] OSHW for Science?

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:55:44 UTC 2016

There are some more resources in this article. Let's see if the attachment
gets stripped.

Gathering lots of data on a small budget
PERSPECTIVES
Open-source hardware and software technology can redefine data collection
By Aaron C. Greenville1,2 and
Nathan J. Emery3
Science Magazine 23 SEPTEMBER 2016 • VOL 353 ISSUE 6306

REFERENCES AND NOTES
1. G. Senthilkumar, K. Gopalakrishnan, V. S. Kumar, Int. J.
Emerging Trends Technol. Comput. Sci. 3, 213 (2014).
2. M. Cagnetti, F. Leccese, D. Trinca, J. Agric. Sci. Technol. B 3,
853 (2013).
3. J. M. Pearce, Open-Source Lab: How to Build Your Own
Hardware and Reduce Research Costs (Newnes, 2013).
4. K. A. Noordin, C. C. Onn, M. F. Ismail, CMU J. 5, 33 (2006).
5. W. Lyon, P. De Joux, Marine Technol. Soc. J. 48, 14 (2014).
6. G. Vellidis, M. Tucker, C. Perry, C. Kvien, C. Bednarz,
Comput. Electron. Agric. 61, 44 (2008).
7. E. Kuusela, J. Lämsä, Ecol. Evol. 6, 2594 (2016).
8. P. Teikari et al., J. Neurosci. Methods 211, 227 (2012).
9. F. Cazenave, C. Kecy, M. Risi, S. H. D. Haddock, in 2014
Oceans—St. John’s (IEEE, 2014), pp. 1–7.
10. D. K. Harshman, B. M. Rao, J. E. McLain, G. S. Watts, J.-Y.
Yoon, Sci. Adv.1, e1400061 (2015).
11. T. Nagy, Z. Gingl, in 14th International Symposium on
Computational Intelligence and Informatics (CINTI) (IEEE,
2013), pp. 163–167.
12. R. Haight, W. Haensch, D. Friedman, Science 353, 124
(2016).
13. D. K. Fisher, H. Kebede, Comput. Electron. Agric. 74, 168
(2010).
14. A. G. Sreejith et al., J. Astron. Instrum. 03, 1440006 (2014).
15. GitHub, Making Your Code Citable (2014); https://guides.
github.com/activities/citable-code/.