[Discuss] A guide to open source hardware

Bonvoisin, Jeremy jeremy.bonvoisin at tu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 22 07:33:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm a researcher at the Technical University Berlin where we have a newly started French-German research project on open source hardware<http://130.149.46.183/wiki/index.php/OPEN!_Methods_and_tools_for_community-based_product_development>.

I would like to share with you a document we made to summarize the best practices we observed through the analysis of a large number of open source hardware projects. The page is named "a guide to open source hardware<http://130.149.46.183/wiki/index.php/A_guide_to_Open_Source_Hardware>" and attempts giving practical guidance regarding documentation of open source hardware products, especially for mechanic products. This is some sort of extension of the "Best Practices of Open Source Hardware 1.0<http://www.oshwa.org/sharing-best-practices/>" of the OSHWA.

I would be glad to get your impressions, feedback, critics or even propositions for further development of this document.

I am also open for merging this document with existing initiatives, for example if there are discussions about a second version of the "best practices" of the OSHWA.

Thanks in advance for your reactions!

Best regards,
Jérémy Bonvoisin

Dr. Jérémy Bonvoisin
Ingénieur esiea - Research engineer
Institut für Werkzeugmaschinen und Fabrikbetrieb - IWF
Fachgebiet Industrielle Informationstechnik
Technische Universität Berlin
Mail: jeremy.bonvoisin at tu-berlin.de<mailto:jeremy.bonvoisin at tu-berlin.de>
Tel.: +49 (0)30 39006 358<tel:%2B49%20%280%2930%2039006%20358>
Raum: PTZ 563