[Discuss] "Democratizing Manufacturing" Workshop: Invitation to Participate (Due July 13 2016)

Nancy Ouyang nancy.ouyang at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 01:18:06 UTC 2016

> We invite you to participate in our upcoming workshop on “Democratizing
> Manufacturing.” *The workshop will take place on August 8-9, 2016 in
> Washington, DC.*
>
> We ask that interested parties let us know their interest* no later than
> July 13 *as the space is limited. Please send an email to
> workshop at mforesight.org
> <workshop at mforesight.org?subject=Interested%20in%20Democratizing%20Manufacturing%20workshop>with
> the following information:
>
>    - Name
>    - Contact Information (phone and email)
>    - A short description of your area of expertise as it relates to this
>    workshop, and note specific sessions that you could especially contribute
>    to (see*Topic Details* and *Tentative Agenda* below)

~~--> http://mforesight.org/democratizing-manufacturing-workshop/ <--~~

*who are these strange people* trying to get us to spend time and effort on
their conference/workshops?

MForesight was established by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the
> National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in September 2015
> through a cooperative agreement with the University of Michigan to serve as
> a national think-tank to identify emerging technologies, create roadmaps
> for advanced manufacturing and engage with broader manufacturing community.

A “think-and-do” tank focused on the future of American manufacturing

*more details about the workshop in August*

 We believe that these trends could foster manufacturing innovation, and
> are interested in informing a national agenda to make the most of these
> opportunities.* We’re gathering a small group of innovators and
> manufacturers to discuss:*
>
>    - What advances in *hardware, software, and services *would have the
>    biggest impact on *increasing the variety and value of what an
>    individual could design, prototype, and manufacture?*
>    - How can entrepreneurs best be supported to make the transition from
>    “making” to low-volume manufacturing?
>    - What are the barriers that entrepreneurs and SMMs (small and
>    medium-sized manufacturers) face when trying to access an established
>    supply chain?
>    - How can we lower barriers to accessing new technologies by SMMs?
>
> *more from them online*
http://mforesight.org/
https://twitter.com/M_Foresight
https://medium.com/@MForesight

*more "probably legit" verification *(from bottom of http://mforesight.org/)

*[image: Inline image 1]*

*[image: Inline image 2][image: Inline image 3]*

*tl;dr  *http://mforesight.org/democratizing-manufacturing-workshop/

thanks,
--nancy