[Discuss] Open Source Circular Economy Days, June 2016: Call for Cities

Sam Muirhead sam at cameralibre.cc
Tue Jan 12 15:38:50 UTC 2016

We've just announced the second Open Source Circular Economy days
(http://oscedays.org), taking place between June 9th-13th 2016, in towns and
cities all around the world.

We're working towards the ultimate goal of a waste-free, regenerative
circular economy, and we see the open source methodology as the best (perhaps
only) way to get there.
We're building a movement to work on this goal, and develop the tools,
methods and projects that can serve as stepping stones to a working circular
economy.

The Call for Cities is now open, and we would love for more people in the
Open Hardware community around the world to get together and work on making
their projects more sustainable, more modular, more repairable, and find ways
to bring both Circular Economy thinking to the Open Source world, and vice
versa.

The event is used as a catalyst - to raise awareness, to focus energy and to
build networks and working methods which can develop into an ongoing movement
of open source circular economy projects and communities.

During the first OSCEdays last June, we had 1500+ people in 32 cities on 6
continents takng part - we want this year to be even better, with even more
communities connected, more collaboration and ongoing projects.
We want to build on the momentum of the growing open source sustainability
movement - to reach out to different sectors of society, to test our
hypotheses and to develop useful, practical projects which can bring us
closer to our goal.

To find out more about what we mean by 'Open Source Circular Economy', check
out our Mission Statement:
https://oscedays.org/open-source-circular-economy-mission-statement

And if you want to organise, support or take part in an event in your town or
city, please read our Participation Guide (https://oscedays.org/participate)
and get in touch.

Please spread the word on social media and reach out to people or
organisations who may be interested in taking part -  you can use this tweet
as a starting point if you like:

The #OpenSource #CircularEconomy Days Call for Cities for June 2016 is open!
Join the network. http://oscedays.org #OSCEdays

OSCEdays is being organised by a small group of open hardware and circular
economy enthusiasts in Germany, UK, USA, South Africa, France & the
Netherlands, and we're currently founding a non-profit association (OSCE e.V)
to steward the movement in the long-term.
We would love for you to join us in any way you can.

----Sam Muirhead
Open Source / Video
http://cameralibre.cchttp://openitagency.eu
https://OSCEdays.org