[Discuss] Envienta

Catarina Mota catarina at openmaterials.org
Mon Feb 29 19:17:42 UTC 2016

Hmm, this is tricky... I completely agree that saying something like "we
develop open source ecology solutions" or something like that is absolutely
fine. But here, Envieta is using "Open Source Ecology" on their logo (it's
an integral part of it and it appears anywhere the logo appears). Also,
when you google it, the search result is titled "Envieta | Open Source
Ecology." It's not unreasonable to think that they are associated with OSE
(the organization) and it's that kind of misunderstanding trademarks seek
to avoid. TMs are supposed to protect both the reputation of the holder and
of the users (so they know who exactly made that product).

I'd try emailing them again and see if they respond (before resorting the
C&D).