[Discuss] from a CC-BY-NC-SA documentation, could a product be sold ?

Antoine C smallwindturbineproj.contactor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 08:25:30 UTC 2016

Hello all.

Yesterday, a friend ask me this question: "if I upload a 3D printing
openscad file on thingiverse under the creative common
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence, this
file being a documentation for a functional thing as a innovative spare
part for a machine, then, will the downstream manufacturing spare parts
for commercial purpose made by a company using the file to manufacture
the parts be allowed ?"

I would say "no, its not allowed".

What is your point of view ?

Freely,