[Discuss] quick blog post on possible misconceptions re: Certification proposal

Jeffrey Warren jeff at publiclab.org
Wed Sep 30 19:21:09 UTC 2015

Hi, all -- I dumped some of my thoughts on the certification into a post on
my blog:

http://unterbahn.com/2015/09/misconceptions-about-oshwas-open-source-hardware-certification-v1/

IMO, there's plenty to worry about (or to work hard to do properly) without
having to worry about some of these red herrings. Interested to hear folks
thoughts.

In particular I've been very interested in making it clear that not
certifying does not mean your project is not open source hardware. It
seemed very clear to me, but from comments "out there" I gather that that's
not 100% understood.

+1 clarity!

Jeff