[Discuss] Attribution on physical hardware?

alicia amgibb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 00:38:40 UTC 2015

I attempted to answer some of the questions around attribution in Chapter 6
of Building Open Source Hardware. I attached it here (feel free to
distribute - it's cc-by-sa).

>From my perspective, it's great to advertise directly on the product, but
there are limits of what you can do in the physical world, with a physical
board footprint. If there's no room to list attribution, I think the next
best thing is the product page, and always in the README file in addition
to the board / website. That is where when in doubt people will look for
licensing and any specifications to the license being made, such as
requirements to advertise on the product.

--
Cheers,
Alicia Gibb

Please note: I tend to check my email once a day during the hours of 9-5
and refrain from checking it outside of work hours and weekends. Thank you
for your patience.