[Discuss] Attribution on physical hardware?

Emilio Velis contacto at emiliovelis.com
Thu Sep 10 13:37:49 UTC 2015

You have to make it specifically clear that the bits-and-atoms product
cannot be copyrightable (usually), only the design files or any other types
of expression regarding the hardware.

In that line of thought, I understand that if you create something like a
table from a set of code (design specifications, CAD files), that product
isn't subjected to copyright in the sense that you're not making a copy of
the files, and thus, if you can make, sell or modify the product without
the restrictions that copyright will give you, it's only fair that
attribution shouldn't be a legal requirement for that table. Now, the
design files, is another story. If you make copies to distribute and/or
sell, then an attribution note should be in it.