[Discuss] unconference: open-source computer-aided-hardware-design (CAD) tools (OSCAHDcon?)

Daniel Bergey bergey at teallabs.org
Thu Mar 19 12:27:39 UTC 2015

This sounds great.  I'll add another vote for "can't make it; want to
read the minutes".

I spent a while trying to add enough 3D features to the Haskell Diagrams
library [1] to make it usable like OpenSCAD.  I've gotten stalled on
that project, but still hope to get back to it.  I'm definitely
interested in hearing from others about the geometry representation
problem.

I also volunteer with a couple of educational organizations that teach
CAD, but struggle with what software to use.  Many commercial vendors
make their software free for education, but then students aren't really
allowed to keep using it for personal projects outside class.  I haven't
yet found a libre alternative that seems polished enough to recommend to
new designers.

cheers,
bergey

Footnotes: