[Discuss] User Requirement Documentation Template / specific for OpenHardware

Javier Serrano Javier.Serrano at cern.ch
Wed Mar 25 16:38:05 UTC 2015

I am not sure about what Antoine is asking. We do have a template we use
when we want to get hardware manufactured by an external company. There
is value in that template, mainly regarding ways in which we make
reasonably sure that products are good quality. There is not much to
learn from in the OSHW part which, if I remember correctly, is just one
sentence along the lines of "this is OSHW and we would be pleased if you
included this product in your catalogue for us and others to purchase
from in the future." Is this the type of document you are looking for?
If so, I would need to check if/when it can be made public. There's all
sorts of CERNness in it, finance rules and stuff. It would at the very
least need to be cleaned up before publishing.

Cheers,

Javier