[Discuss] OSHWA perspective on Arduino Yun?

Mario Gómez mxgxw.alpha at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:14:28 UTC 2015

A little bit on topic:

Do you think that the recent dispute over the Arduino Trademark between
Arduino LCC and Arduino SRL has something to do about this?

I mean... reading the news it appears to me that Arduino SRL is only
interesting about having the control of the Trademark and not necessary to
follow the OSHW philosophy.

As I understand Arduino SRL designed the YUN, and the Arduino SRL CEO
(Federico Musto) is behind Linino (the Linux distribution on the YUN).

As a distributor for Arduino this really smells very fishy, a couple of
weeks ago I received an email from Gianluca talking about that they are not
going to ship anymore from Europe, but when I asked for clarifications I
didn't received any answers.

+ Info:
http://makezine.com/2015/03/19/massimo-banzi-fighting-for-arduino/

http://hackaday.com/2015/02/25/arduino-v-arduino/