[Discuss] Free Hardware

Drew Fustini pdp7pdp7 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:40:58 UTC 2015

FYI,  part 2 of 3 planned essays in Wired by rms on Free/Libre Hardware
Designs.

"Hardware Designs Should Be Free. Here’s How to Do It"
http://www.wired.com/2015/03/richard-stallman-how-to-make-hardware-designs-free

Coincidentally, rms visited Chicago, where I live, on Tuesday to give a
talk. I got to ask him what he thought was a good license for Free/Libre
Hardware designs.  He believes the GPLv3 is the correct license to use.
However, he noted it only covers those design elements to which copyright
applies.  (I know the subject of where that line falls has been covered by
Ari & others at past Open Hardware Summits).

Cheers
Drew