[Discuss] is intel edison open-source hardware?

Nancy Ouyang nancy.ouyang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 00:36:03 UTC 2015

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-it-yourself/galileo-maker-quark-board.html

*Providing users with a fully open source hardware* and software
development environment, the Intel Galileo Gen 2 board complements and
extends the Arduino line of product

10 clicks in all I found was a PDF of the schematic.
http://www.intel.com/support/galileo/sb/CS-035168.htm

While better than nothing, that certainly doesn't fulfill the definition:

"The hardware must be released with documentation including design files,
and must allow modification and distribution of the design files. "
"These are the original source files that you would use to make
modifications to the hardware’s design. *The act of sharing these files is
the core practice of open-source hardware*."
http://www.oshwa.org/definition/

Just checking if someone knows better than me what's going on here.
~~~
narwhaledu.com, educational robots <http://gfycat.com/ExcitableLeanAkitainu>
 [[<(._.)>]] my personal blog <http://www.orangenarwhals.com>,
orangenarwhals
arvados.org (open source software for provenance, reproducing, and scaling
your analyses)