[Discuss] Extreme Manufacturing Update

Marcin Jakubowski marcin at opensourceecology.org
Tue Jun 30 05:37:47 UTC 2015

Friends,

Open Source Ecology is developing Extreme Manufacturing techniques and our
next milestone is to build 6 Power Cubes over the weekend with a team of 12
people. This workshop is coming up in 10 days. The modular design is
streamlined, the parallel build process is refined, and immersion training
is ready. If this works like we think, it's a major step forward on our
community-based production model. Can this be the fuel for right livelihood
creation by the masses?

We are exploring this question. If anyone is interested in learning to
organize/lead this type of workshop - the workshop model is open source. We
invite you to participate as the first step if you are interested in
replicating the model. The revenue model is product sales and workshop
tuitions. If you would like to participate in making open source history,
you can still register for the workshop as we can accept a few more people.
Kansas City location - register and find out more at http://bit.ly/1A3ncCT.

For transparency - we think there is great potential to expand such a model
if real goods are produced in an event that combines education and
production into one. We are innovating on this front. If the good produced
is a large market item - this model has the potential to impact
manufacturing on a large scale. Joshua Pearce has done the math on the
exact value of this:) We are showing that efficient production can occur at
the quantity of one (or several), and our aim is to make this model highly
replicable - while including a quality control function as an inherent part
of the process.

Thanks,

Marcin

--

*Non-confidentiality Disclaimer:* OSE works openly. All conversations in
this email are intended to be transparent and subject to sharing, with due

See Global Village Construction Set TED Talk
<http://www.ted.com/talks/marcin_jakubowski>. Sign up for our Design Sprints
<http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/OSE_Design_Sprint>. Subscribe as a True
Fan <http://opensourceecology.org/community/#truefans>. See Tsu
<https://www.tsu.co/OpenSourceEcology> or Facebook