[Discuss] Re Open Sourcde Conference, Sex Toys, & Posters

Robert Steele robert.david.steele.vivas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:24:25 UTC 2015

I've discussed this with others and three observations have emerged:

01 If a prototype exists and it is genuinely open source, there should be a
place for it at the conference.

02 Poster status is assured but my reservations about reserving scheduled
plenary and break-out session time for higher priorities is validated.

03 Subject to the anti-harrassment policy, birds of a feather and open
discussion of open source sex toys is welcome.

Censorship was mentioned.  I put that right up there with NSA mass
surveillance. There is certainly a dark side to open source and that is
something that should be discussed, I would be interested in suggestions
along those lines, but coming back to prototype comment above, this is a
practical conference focused on mega needs, not a philosophy class although
I do deliberately close the second day with one of the great
theologian-philosophers of our time because I consider open source a
culture, a mind-set, a movement and our only hope for a future.