[Discuss] Seeking Nominations on New Open Source Everything Meta Conference

Antoine, as a contact of a free smallwindturbine project smallwindturbineproj.contactor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:25:41 UTC 2015

Hello Robert and Marcin.
1) Thank you what you do for all people.
2) Cool this event to come.
3) one comment bellow

> to realize that -- to take one example -- Open Data
> without open everything else is simply a gift to vendors
> of proprietary hardware and software and
> does NOT further the commons or the public interest
> to the fullest extent possible.
+1 !
I love your "NOT" term.

And ... it is also a gift to opensource hardware integrators entities,
which only wait for a thing to be developed, designed, performed, by FLOSC
(Free Libre OpenSource Culture) people, and then when it's done, those
entities take the specifications, manufacture it, distribute it and sell
it, without giving to developers any feedbacks (money, resources,
encouragements, good-will, love, happiness, or commercial profit
compensations ...).
Let say it like that: "leech non-redistributive economy" on the back of
FLOSC multi parties groups of people and organizations.
And this might NOT fit with the Commons and the General Public Interest too.

That may why the P2P license has found an audience. There might be
something to improve there.

Freely,

Antoine