[Discuss] OSHWA perspective on Arduino Yun?

Mario Gómez mxgxw.alpha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:41:10 UTC 2015

Hi Drew!

If it requires signing a NDA to be reproduced then it's not OSHW.

A NDA makes impossible to comply with the numeral five of the OSHW
definition:

"*5. Free redistribution*

*The license shall not restrict* any party from selling *or giving away the
project documentation*. The license shall not require a royalty or other
fee for such sale. The license shall not require any royalty or fee related
to the sale of derived works."

But let's be clear: I'm talking about the agreeded OSHW definition that
it's available over http://freedomdefined.org/OSHW , there are many
"definitions" floating around and many interpretations about OSHW means.

We can discuss for hours what is or not OSHW based on our feelings and
interpretations. But I think as OSHWA that we have a pretty clear
definition to follow.

Regards,
Mario.